British Weight Lifting is delighted to announce the launch of BARS, our new online membership and events platform. BARS stands for ‘BWL’s Administration and Results System’. It’s the result of a lot of hard work alongside our technology partner, Sport:80, and we believe the platform will go a long way to providing greater accessibility to our sport.
As of today, BWL members can access BARS for a range of membership and event services, including:
• Membership registrations and renewals: you can now create an online BWL profile and purchase or renew your membership in minutes.
• E-membership cards: you will be able to download your e-membership card and add it to the wallet app on your Apple or Android smartphone.
• Coaches and Technical Officials: purchase and manage your licences online as well as being able to view your qualifications.
• Competition entry: online entry to all British Weight Lifting licenced events with the BARS platform intelligently remembering your profile information for a speedy registration process.
• Courses: all British Weight Lifting coaching and instructor courses and awards will also be available to enter online via the BARS platform.
In the coming weeks we will continue to work closely with Sport:80 to launch additional tools that will make the BARS platform even better. This will include two main areas:
• Event sanctioning/licencing: you can submit the details of your weight lifting event and once approved, it will appear within the platform enabling you to collect online entries & payments for your event. Auto-validation also provides huge time saving & efficiency for event organisers.
• Results and rankings: The BARS platform will contain historical results and going forward all the results from licenced events. This will then feed individual profiles (so you can always view your results history) and the national rankings system which will be viewable from within your BARS account.
The BARS platform is the first step to introducing a much more sophisticated and modern approach to engaging with our members.
If you would like any more information on the launch of the Platform or our future plans, please get in touch using the details below.
BRITISH WEIGHT LIFTING1st Floor Office Suite, St Ann’s Mill, Kirkstall Road,
Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS5 3AE
- T: 0113 224 9402
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
The British Weight Lifting Team