The GB Women’s handball squad for UK-based players has been announced following trials in Manchester last month.
The 19-woman squad for the UK programme includes 10 players from north-west side NEM Hawks.
The players selected are:
- Laura Black: Deva
- Sarah Carrick: Tryst
- Molly Clark: Warrington Wolves
- Maddie Edwards: IHAA, Denmark Academy (to be included in UK programme)
- Ellie Fletcher: Warrington Wolves
- Gabbi Howarth: Deva
- Kara Hunt: NEM Hawks
- Hannah Keenan: West Lothian
- Annaleigh Knott: Olympia
- Maria Kourdoulos: Thames
- Holly Lam-Moores: NEM Hawks
- Emily Maddison: NEM Hawks
- Caitlin Matthews: NEM Hawks
- Lucy-Anne Ready: NEM Hawks
- Harriet Richards: NEM Hawks
- Seun Seriki: NEM Hawks
- Ellie Whitehead: NEM Hawks
- Beth Wilbraham: NEM Hawks
- Caitlin Wilson: NEM Hawks
The players on the UK programme form part of a 28-woman overall squad which also includes nine non-UK-based players.
British Handball Director responsible for the GB Women’s programme Stephen Neilson said: “We have announced this squad following trials held in Manchester last month.
“These are exciting times for the GB team and it is a squad full of young talent.
“We have two training camps planned over the summer before friendlies in the Autumn and are looking at options for GB to compete in the World Championship qualifiers towards the end of the year.”