Neil has produced a collection of the greatest goal scorers in the history of British football with profiles of 50 of the greatest, including Steve Bloomer, Dixie Dean, Jimmy Greaves, Denis Law, Ian Rush, Alan Shearer, Thierry Henry, Sergio Aguero, Ian Wright and Harry Kane.
The book spans the history of the game on these shores from Steve Bloomer, scorer of 352 goals in 598 appearances in a career from 1895 to 1907 to the current England Captain Harry Kane who has his sights on Jimmy Greaves’ record at Spurs.
A tremendous book which I have enjoyed and will use as a reference point for the years to come.
In a nutshell it covers the following and much more:
- Goalscorers from three centuries of football, right through to the Premier League era
- The Goals, the Games and the Glory – to rekindle supporters’ memories
- Featuring detailed player goalscoring records for club and country – games played, goals scored
- Do you know the ‘overseas player’ with more goals than Aguero, Henry and Larsson?
- Homage is also paid to the many goalscorers over the seasons throughout the leagues across the British Isles, the sometimes-forgotten unsung heroes.
- Celebrating the Art and Joy of Goalscoring!
The book also includes 50 images.
Well done Neil.
The book is available to buy – https://www.foyles.co.uk/witem/sport-hobbies/50-greatest-goalscorers-in-the,neil-beacom-9781739806514