An award-winning broadcaster and journalist, Jessica has worked in the sports industry for over a decade, for organisations including the BBC, BT Sport and TalkSPORT. Jessica now presents Sky Sports News and hosts the Women’s Football Show on Sky.
As a former football player, Jessica is committed to levelling the playing field and ensuring sport is accessible to marginalised communities.
Her chat show B is for: Black gave unique insight into the lives and experiences of black and mixed race women in sport.
Jess talks about:
- How dramatically media interest in the Lionesses has changed over 10 years since she was often the only one covering games
- Why she feels so uncomfortable about any recognition she receives for her work
- Why the ‘B is for Black’ YouTube Channel has been so important to provide insight about the black community working in sport
- Why she called for the football Black List to add an LGBTQ award last year and how they responded
- The negative impact of the media’s obsession with finding the first male premier league footballer to come out
- How the unfairness she sees in the make-up of the media continues to drive her to do more
- The struggle to balance being private about her life yet also being so vocal about key issues
- How broadcast sports media is changing as fans want more
- What it was like to be a guest presenter on Woman’s Hour and her plans for the future
Listen Here – https://thegamechangers.libsyn.com/jessica-creighton
Find out more about The Game Changers here
Presented by Sue Anstiss