The House of Lords Committee on a National Plan for Sport and Recreation will this week hold two evidence sessions with leading sports journalists to discuss issues including the effect of COVID-19 on community sport – and whether sports bodies and elite sports are doing enough to support sport at the grassroots.
The sessions will also cover sexism and women’s participation in sport and sports journalism, accessibility to sport and recreation opportunities for people with disabilities, and the performance of Sport England and the Government in supporting people to be more active.
The evidence sessions will start at 3:30pm on Wednesday 13 January and can be followed live at www.parliamentlive.tv
The full witness details are:
- Ed Malyon, Managing Director, The Athletic
- Martha Kelner, Sport Correspondent, Sky News
- Matt Hughes, Chief Sports Reporter, Daily Mail
- Jordan Jarrett-Bryan, Sports reporter, Channel 4 News
- Anna Kessel MBE, Women’s Sports Editor, The Telegraph