We’re excited to announce that Barclays will be supporting the next series of The Game Changers, as our inspirational podcast returns with eight ‘fearless women in football’, reinforcing Barclays’ extensive support for the beautiful game.
The new series launches on April 7 and you can listen to the trailer here.
The Game Changers podcast has been a runaway success since it launched last year, featuring insightful interviews with trailblazing women in sport who knock down barriers for women and girls everywhere.
Previous guests have included Kate Richardon-Walsh OBE, Baroness Tanni Grey Thompson, Chrissie Wellington OBE, Denise Lewis OBE, Lauren Steadman, Clare Balding OBE and Dame Katherine Grainger.
In 2019 Barclays announced the biggest ever sponsorship of women’s sport in the UK, as the Barclays FA Women’s Super League became Europe’s first fully professional women’s football league. Barclays also invested in establishing the Girls’ Football School Partnerships, with the aim of ensuring all girls in England have equal access to football in schools by 2024.
The new Barclays series launches on Tuesday April 7, 2020 and will feature:
- Kelly Smith MBE – one of the world’s greatest ever female players and England Women’s record goal scorer
- Jacqui Oatley MBE – leading sports broadcaster and the first woman to commentate on BBC’s Match of the Day
- Dame Sue Campbell – Former Chair of UK Sport and now Director of Women’s Football at The FA
- Jo Tongue – Football agent, Director of Women in Football and a tireless campaigner for equality in sport and the media
- Maggie Murphy – General Manager at Lewes FC Women, the first football club in the world to pay its male and female players equally
- Casey Stoney MBE – Former England captain with over 100 caps, now Manager of Manchester Utd Women
- Kelly Simmons MBE – Director of the Women’s Professional Game at The FA
- Hope Powell CBE – Trailblazing former England Women’s Football manager and the first woman to be awarded a UEFA Pro License